Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'm going to miss him

Okay as an author I have had the pleasure of getting to know many different characters. With each book I write I can almost feel them breathing down my neck to hurry up and get their story out into the world. Yes, a lot of people think I am slightly nuts! But it really is the truth, these characters come to life... they have their very own personality traits, their owns quirks, their own demands. It sometimes gets very crowded in here with all of them jockeying for place and the real world desperately trying to get my attention.

But, I am here to admit that I have had a first. I just handed in my newest story to eXtasy Books and I was a little sad to see it go. 'Max Was Right' is a story about two best friends, Max and Anna. Anna is really the main character as we follow the two on their trip to Cuba, but Max... Oh Max... I think I love him. He is by far the most flamboyant gay man imaginable, he is funny but at the same time so caring for his bestest best, Anna. They met when he got a job at the diaper and feminine hygiene factory where Anna worked... Now picture that! What a hoot! Him with his mascaraed lashes and purple ruffled shirt working at the tampon machine!

I think I want a friend like Max. A friend who would stand by me no matter what life throws at me. A friend who won't judge me no matter how crazy I might appear to the rest of the world. A friend who will stand up for me against all odds. And if he is flamboyant and slightly embarrassingly open about his sexuality.... all the better. Everyone should have a Max.

I'm going to miss him whispering in my ear... "Things could always be worse. Look at me, you could be a queer so excited he could pee his pants just to be working in a tampon factory.”

Yep... I'm definately going to miss him!

2 comments:

AuthorCourtney said...

:) LOL i love this. As a writer i have to agree with some of your points here. My characters come to life, otherwise how can you write them to come to life for the reader. For me they live until the story is done, then i get to bring new ones to life. I think that is why the beginning of a story is my favorite to write, creating the characters is awesome. Writing really is the best career ever :)

Jojo Brown said...

You're right Courtney... Writing definately is the best career ever. I love it!