Wednesday, February 13, 2008

How about one of my poems

Single White Rose

A single white rose lay on the floor,
bleeding it's fragrant juices on the carpet.
It's petals bent and bruised lay cradling the heart of the flower,
the way she had hoped he would be cradling her last night.
A single white candle stands in the holder,
extinguished now,
the wick burnt to the end.
A bottle of wine on the desk,
still unopened.
Two glasses unused and yet unusable,
shattered,
their crystal tears marring the wall.

This night ,
so long planned,
had held the promise of love in the future.
She had come so far,
to be given a note.

She held it still,
when they came to clean the room.
"Sweets,
I have had a change of heart.
I have to escape you.
It's been great.
Bye!"

On the table another note lay,
beside the pills and the half bottle of scotch.
"I gave up everything for this night.
I turned my back on my family and friends.
I gave away my heart and soul.
I have nothing left.
Goodbye."

A single white rose lay on the floor.

© July 10 2004

1 comment:

Saroya said...

ah haven't we all been there..