Thursday, March 19, 2009

See You Next Tuesday

Okay so I am the first to admit it. I don’t always make a lot of sense. But I just can’t get past this one issue.

I can label the most interesting part of a male’s anatomy with any word possible. It’s a penis, a pole, a shaft, a schlong, a wanker, a cock, a dink, a dick, a knob. And there are many, many more. It all depends what mood I am setting in the scene that I’m writing.

I love words. I love the many different ways you can use words to bring about a plethora of different emotions. I am not a prude. I don’t shy away from using profanity in my writing, if it is called for. I calls it as I sees it, most of the time.

There is one word that I don’t say and find it extremely hard to write or even think. See You Next Tuesday has always been acronym of choice in my house. Now don’t get me wrong I can label the female sex just as fluidly as I can the male, probably more so.

There’s pussy, vulva, lower lips, cleft, box, core, love tunnel, clam, gash etc. etc. I just cannot use that one word. I even understand that it is used freely in some places of the world in very much the way I would use the word bitch, so what is it with this word.

Yes, it’s vulgar. Yes, it was grilled into me as a youth that it is one of the worst words. Yes, I grilled it into my girls that it is by far the most insulting insult possible. But, why? Why this one particular word?
Does anyone else have a problem with this word? Or, do you have a different word that gives you chills? I would love to hear from you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How interesting! The only word in the English language that sends me on a tail spin is CAN'T. I've seen too many people use this word as an excuse for not doing something. Just my two cents.
Annie

Jojo Brown said...

These are the folks who need to learn the word won't as it certainly is more fitting!