Monday, February 2, 2009

Six more weeks

Oaky it's official, Wiarton Willie saw his shadow. Therefore we can look forward to six more weeks of winter. Look forward to --- yeah right!

Don't get me wrong, I have lived here in Canada since the tender age of three, so i'm used to snowy white winters. I've trudged through the snow to go trick or treating (Canadian kids' Hallowe'en costume MUST fit over snowsuits or they are useless) I've searched for those elusive coloured eggs in a blanket of white. I understand that here in Southern Ontario from October to April it's normal to have snow. BUT that does not mean I have to like it.

So, let's go March 16th... bring on the spring - the brave bulbs bursting with renewed life - the deliriously happy children on their bikes - the flooded fields, roads and basements - the potholes ... did I say spring was better? LOL

Oh well, I guess I'll just go back to the story I'm working on - at least it's warm there.

1 comment:

stacyanna said...

This is what we do to groundhogs in Detroit if they see their shadow...but them critters are clever, as you can see in this cartoon. We Detroiters have to be clever sometimes....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWFGSlBoLfs